Translate

May 9, 2012

The CAPTCHA

A CAPTCHA is a type of challenge-response test used in computing as an attempt to ensure that the response is generated by a person.

Ok, first off those words are near impossible to tell what they are and I have been sorely tempted to use the verbal ones just so I don't pull my hair in frustration.   I mean I rarely get them wrong, it's simply the thought of getting it wrong and being told I am incompetent by a computer program to publish my post, download my book or song, or to enter what ever cracked out website that this CAPTCHA is guarding in the first place. 

I can just see it now, this computer program sitting there "Laughing" at the puny human because they are too dumb to get it right.  However, on the other hand wouldn't me getting them wrong prove I was human because, "To ere is human" or something like that. 

Now of course each time I see a captcha I often look at it like its some sort of Rorschach Inkblot test.  Its a test that if I fail, I will be denied access because I can't prove I am human.  One of these days, I am afraid I will be accused outright by the Captcha that I a computer. 

(Might I mention how much I dislike laptops.  One moment I was typing and poof it went all Italic on me and I can't make it go away.  I mean I did a lot of the coding for my blogs but I can't get the Italics off. Seriously WTF)


Ok, yep seriously making me mad. I can make it bold and then unbold. I can underline it then back to normal, get the Italic to go away and it sticks its virtual tongue out at me.  

I know what it is, the computer CAPTCHA program has gotten control of my blog and is messing with me.  Well I will not say I am sorry. Those CAPTCHA are insane. DO YOU HEAR THAT, INSANE.  Ok, now I am the one looking crazy talking, well, typing to a computer program out in cyberspace that controls the CAPTCHA world.

I give up, the Captchas win.  Just for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top