Translate

September 8, 2011

So, I Believe in Fairies, Your Point Is?

Someone made a comment on a previous blog post, "President Obama said...
Yo white girl, YOU SICK. Anyway u believe in fairies so LMAO! Vote for me 2012.
September 7, 2011 9:25 PM." This statement kinda makes me giggle. I will explain why.

My statement that I believe in a fantasy creature is merely that, a statement of my belief that anything is possible. A simple one line statement that explains that not only do I have a vivid imagination, but a statement that I believe anything is possible if you only put your mind to it.

If someone, somewhere hadn't also thought along these lines, well, America might never have been discovered, the world might still be considered flat, man would never have reached the moon, and electricity might never have been discovered. It's the simple belief that I am willing to believe in the impossible as possible, just like so many other people throughout history. I am not saying I am some great scientist or writer, merely that I am one of millions of people who are willing to go through life with an open mind, willing to explore possibilities.

Prove fairies don't exist. I can't, so who is to say they don't in fact exist?
Who is to say the person who posted as President Obama in fact exists, well I guess since I believe in fairies, I can bring myself to believe they are real as well, but only just barely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top