Translate

October 9, 2011

Search Engines and What They Are For

This blog post will be mainly me talking about my main complaint that I have with others on the internet. The fact that so many people seem clueless as to how to use the internet.

Wikipedia says that "The Internet carries a vast range of information resources and services, such as the inter-linked hypertext documents of the World Wide Web (WWW) and the infrastructure to support electronic mail." 


Ugh, so why do people not use it as its intended?


I see people everyday who post questions on Facebook, or other such sites. Seriously, you are asking a question on a social site, while on the internet. It takes all I have to not simply post FLUID, which is an acronym for F**king Look It Up I Did.

I mean, usually for someone to answer your question, they (unless of course they know exactly what you are asking about) will have to look up your answer on guess what? The INTERNET, using guess what? A SEARCH ENGINE.
Now, I wonder why they are called search engines? Hmm, could it be because you use it to search for answers to your questions or information? Could it possibly be because they are useful when searching for things you want to find?  Let's see what a search engine really is. I will now Google (guess what Google is? A search engine, imagine that) the term search engine. 

This is just one of many pages I came up with, 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_search_engine
And look, there are tons of them, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_search_engines
Search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing. In my opinion Google is the best search engine. That's just my opinion, though. These search engines can be used to find tons of information on the internet, or the World Wide Web. 



There are ways to get better results when searching. Possibly, you are using your search engine, but you just aren't using it properly. Here are some sites that might help you. 

So go on, use Google, or, if you must, even use Yahoo or Bing, just as long as you do your own searching, then if you can't find what you are looking for, ask others for help. 

Wikipedia can be a source of great information. However, since it is user edited the information cannot be guaranteed 100% accurate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top